Providing a quality education in a caring Christian environment.
Chino Valley Christian Schools are committed to developmentally-appropriate, rigorous learning in a small class setting. Our strong educational process focuses on Christ and uses the Multiple Intelligence approach that every child is wonderfully created with a plan for a hope and a future. The entire teaching staff at CVCS is recognized by our dual accreditation team of Association Christian Schools International and Western Association of Schools and Colleges – that is quality!
Our program adheres to state standards while taking a holistic Christ-centered approach fostering academic, social, and spiritual growth of our students. The curriculum offered at CVCS has a balanced approach to each subject area using established curriculums such as Abeka and ACSI which challenge our students to excellence. Students are afforded the opportunity to acquire a core body of knowledge and skills in mathematics, science, literacy/language development, literature, and the social sciences. This is done through a hands-on, discovery learning approach. Above all, students learn that God is the Author of all Truth as they learn their place in His world. Bible is taught daily as a separate subject, but is also integrated into all aspects of curriculum and campus life. Reading is taught through a phonics/comprehension approach that is so successful most CVCS Kindergarten students demonstrate reading capabilities before graduation.
Integrated across the curriculum, particular significance is placed on creative writing, critical thinking, and shared inquiry. Math is taught by both memorization of facts and the use of manipulatives. Character development is accentuated through daily Bible classes, a weekly chapel program, and a school-wide honor code.
While some schools have had to make tough decisions to discontinue co-curricular activities, Chino Valley Christian Schools have an exceptional Fine Arts Department that provides opportunities for students to participate in piano, string instruments, choir and annual elementary theatre productions. CVCS has expanded its program to provide a studio to explore the world of art. Also, the music department offers an award winning Honor Choir for student participation. Library, computer, and physical education are offered weekly to complete the enriched level of instructional development provided at the elementary level.
Building foundations to last a life time…
Leading Students to Greatness
CVCS Elementary School Program Grades K-5
Why a Private School?
- Low Class Sizes with Highly Qualified Teachers
- Differentiated Instruction
- A love for learning to reach mastery and high academics
ChinoValleyChristianSchoolsis not just a school we are a family! We nurture and love our students each and everyday as we lead them to Christ. We have high academics in a Christ-centered environment. The CVCS Administration and teachers are always available to listen and support our families any way we can.ChinoValleyChristianSchoolsis dual accredited by WASC and ACSI. Our students test 1 to 4 grades above grade level, which leads us to have the highest academic achievement in the area. We offer full day kindergarten, strong Christian spiritual standards, weekly chapels, an accelerated well rounded curriculum, technology enriched learning environment, specialized classes, before and after school extended care, after school enrichment classes, student government, and teach using the Multiple Intelligence Approach to Learning.
Please contact our Elementary School Principal, Mrs. Taylor, for a tour or any questions at 909-613-1381 or email her at firstname.lastname@example.org. She is looking forward to meeting you and having you become part of the CVCS Family!
Curriculum for Grades K-5
Our Christ-centered curriculum provides the best opportunity for your child to learn and advance in all areas of academics. The core curriculum of our Elementary Program is thorough in scope and sequence following the California State Standards and beyond, including:
- · Reading (Phonics, Phonemic Awareness, and Comprehension skills and strategies)- ABeka Program, Literature Units
- · Langauge Arts (Spelling, Grammar, Writing Mechanics)-
- · Writing (Focus on Narratives, Expository, Persuasive, Descriptive, and Technical writing skills using the writing process from grades K-5)
- · Math
The core curriculum is taught daily emphasizing mastery in all subjects.
“We Challenge, Nurture, and Inspire Every Child Academically and Spiritually”
We teach using the Multiple Intelligence Approach to learning. This approach assists us in differentiating instruction for each child because we know that God created each and everyone of us differently. That means that we are all intelligent in different ways and we all learn differently. At CVCS we understand that and ensure that each child will reach their fullest potential and beyond.
So what is your child’s intelligence:
- Linguistic intelligence (“word smart”)
- Logical-mathematical intelligence (“number/reasoning smart”)
- Spatial intelligence (“picture smart”)
- Bodily-Kinesthetic intelligence (“body smart”)
- Musical intelligence (“music smart”)
- Interpersonal intelligence (“people smart”)
- Intrapersonal intelligence (“self smart”)
- Naturalist intelligence (“nature smart”)
Here at CVCS we offer specialized classes weekly. These classes encourage your child’s biblical, creative and athletic talents. They also help students become well rounded individuals with Christ in the center.
- Weekly Chapel
- Physical Education
Computer Technology in a 21st Century School
- Smart Boards
- Weekly Computer Lab Class and lessons on:
- Word processing
- PowerPoint Presentations
- Excel Documents
- Typing Skills
- Internet Skills
- And much more
Class Field Trips
- LA andSanta AnaZoo
- Police and Fire Stations
- Pumpkin Patch
- Museum visits
- Third Grade trip to theHeritageMuseumto learn about Journey through time
- Fourth GradeSacramentoTrip
- Fifth GradeGriffithObservatory and Tall Ship Overnight Trips
- And many more
After School Activities
- Extended care service -6:30 AM- 6:00 PM
- Enrichment Classes are held in the Fall and the Spring. Classes vary each session. Examples of classes available are:
- Cooking and Crafts
- Dance and Cheerleading
- Garden Club
- Reading Club
- Spanish Club
- Mad Science
- Sports Basics
- Student Government
Special Events During the Year
- Grandparents/ Loved One’s Day
- Family Fun Nights
- Luau Family Night
- Class Chapel presentations
- Multi Cultural Fair, Career Fair, Harvest Fair
- Annual Christmas Program
- Annual Spring Program
- Mother/Son, Father/Daughter, Mother/Daughter, and Father/Son Events
- All school open house
- Community Leaders Appreciation Day
- National Day of Prayer
- ACSI Student Activities: Spelling Bee, Art Fair, Speech Meet, Science Fair, Math Olympics
- Out Reach Ministries